The NJIR is the first private imaging facility to offer SPECT/CT services in
the State of New Jersey. SPECT/CT offers the ability to fuse functional
nuclear medicine studies with low dose CT for anatomic correlation.
It is used clinically in the following conditions:
- Localization of sites of acute osteomyelitis by fusing CT images with
either Tc-99m HDP Bone Scan or Indium-111 WBC studies.
- Localization of chronic osteomyelitis of the spine.
- Increasing the specificity of abnormal findings in bone scans by
helping to differentiate between metastatic bone lesions and
- Localizing sites of reactive bone formations in patients with
- Localization of parathyroid adenomas.
- Pre-operative localization of sentinel lymph nodes in the setting of
Localization of sites of metastatic disease in the following
- Neuroendocrine tumors using Indium-111 Octreotide scan
- Prostatic Cancer using Indium-111 Prostascint
- Thyroid Cancer using Iodine-123 Total Body Scanning
Locations & Appointments
New Jersey Institute of Radiology Home